2. The human rights situation in China is steadily improving.
3. The Falun Gong is a genuinely dangerous fringe group and should be controlled, even supressed.
4. Tibet is better off a part of China than independent.
5. The Communist Party is China’s best shot at this time.
6. Most foreign companies who fail in China do so more from incompetence than anything else.
7. The Sino-Foreign joint venture in its classical form is the worst business structure imaginable from a management point of view. Just because some very bright people have made it work does not make this point less valid.
8. What we think China’s real problems are, and what they think they are, are different. Neither side is completely right.
9. IPR issues in China cannot be solved by legal processes alone, or even as a primary focus of effort.
10. Localization is a good thing as long as you dont take it too far. There are some things foreigners still do better than locals.